DEALERSHIP PAYS OFF CAR LOAN: Fuccillo Automotive Group celebrated the conclusion of its statewide, month-long "March Huge-A-Thon 2018" promotion with half-court shot contests held at four dealerships, including Fuccillo Kia of Wesley Chapel. Customers were given the opportunity to take one half-court basketball shot for a chance to win their recently purchased or leased vehicle. Those who made the shot were given an opportunity to continue shooting to potentially win $1 million. Renestin St. John of Winter Haven made his half-court shot at the Wesley Chapel event, and after making the shot, will have his 2018 Kia Forte paid off by the dealership. He did not, however, successfully make the required three consecutive half-court shots to win $1 million.
REAL ESTATE FIRM CLOSES LEASE AGREEMENT: Hold Thyssen, a commercial real estate firm with offices in Clearwater and Winter Park, recently closed on an eight-year lease agreement with the state of Florida Department of Corrections at Counsel Square I in New Port Richey. Carol L. Kinnard, transaction specialist at Hold-Thyssen, said the state of Florida Department of Corrections sent area landlords an invitation to negotiate. Kinnard responded on behalf of the owners of Counsel Square, who were awarded the bid for an eight-year lease of 9,487 square feet.
HOSPITAL PROMOTION: Carol Corder, registered radiologic technologist, was recently promoted to vice president of neuroscience at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point in Hudson. Previously, Corder was director of imaging and non-invasive cardiology at the hospital. In her new position, she will lead the strategic planning business growth and programmatic development of neurosciences. She has worked for HCA for 30 years.
FRANCHISE OWNERS RECEIVE AWARD: Home Franchise Concepts recently presented a Heart & Home Award to James and Elaine Trotter, owners of Budget Blinds of Greater Tampa, including separate franchises serving North Tampa, Brandon and Land O’ Lakes, for extraordinary service to their local community. The inaugural award recognizes Budget Blinds, Tailored Living and Concrete Craft franchisees who best embody HFC’s core values of caring and giving back to their communities. The Trotters, residents of Tampa, have used their franchise to support a number of local children’s, veteran’s and shelter charities since 2008, including Habitat for Humanity of Hillsborough County, Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office Homeless Initiative and Metropolitan Ministries, As part of a $1-per-window campaign, the Trotters also raised $48,957 since 2015 for HFC partner Homes for Our Troops.
OPEN HOUSE: The Zephyrhills Plant, 4330 20th St., Zephyrhills, will have an open house from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 13. Get a behind-the-scenes look at the state-of-the-art facility and see how the natural spring water is bottled. Closed-toed shoes are required for admittance into the facility. Refreshments will be served.
CO.STARTERS: The Pasco Economic Development Council will sponsor the next session of Co.Starters, a national program that helps entrepreneurs turn an idea into a new business in nine weeks, beginning April 19 and running through June 14. The program will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Thursdays at SMARTstart Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., Dade City. The cost is $295. The registration deadline is 5 p.m. April 16. To register, visit smartstartpasco.com/costarters. Call Becky Martin at (813) 926-0827, ext. 221.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 16, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for Nonprofit Grants, 5 to 7 p.m. April 17, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Results-Based Marketing for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 18, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 26, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
To register or to get more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned. Call (352) 848-1438.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef’O’Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• Hispanic Business Leaders: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at the White Room Bar & Lounge, 6472 Land O’Lakes Blvd., Land O’Lakes. The event is free and includes free refreshments, drink specials, Latin music and relaxed networking. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• West Pasco Business Association Monday Chapter: 11:45 a.m. Mondays, Brass Tap – Trinity, 10700 State Road 54, Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Tuesday Chapter: 5:15 p.m. Tuesdays at the Stadium restaurant and bar, 2349 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Friday Chapter: 8:15 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny’s, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Dr., Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.